Reading Notes: Inayat. Twenty Jataka Tales, Part A

The Monkey Bridge 

Okay so let's just talk about my emotions first. I was having a hard time finding extra reading, so I decided to refocus on my Jatakas and try to get into them more. I found the 20 Jataka Tales and picked them. I read this stupid story and IT WAS SO SAD. So basically these monkeys are hanging out and this guy wants a mango. The chief monkey then like forms a bridge. I intially thought the bridge would be made out of multiple monkeys. Like a barrell full of monkeys deal. BUT NO. It's literally just one monkey. AND HE KNOWINGLY RISKED HIS LIFE FOR HIS TRIBE. AND THEN. HE DIES. Okay. I'm just going to post his dying words so we can all cry together. Here we go. 
This whole thing got me. I loved it and I hope you got a bit of the meaning from this excerpt. 

.     .     .

biblio

by Noor Inayat (Khan) in 1939

.     .     .

image



Photo by DSD from Pexels )

.     .     .

Comments

Popular Posts