Reading Notes: Babbitt More Jataka, Part B

the
brave
little
bowman

This was the only story out of this section I felt I could work with. Like the other story I read yesterday about the rats, this one reminded me of the Princess Bride. When I initially read the title, I thought it was about a young boy. Though when I actually read it, I realized it was actually just a small old dude! The guy really just wanted to serve his kingdom in the army, but he knew he wouldn't be taken seriously as a soldier. He gets this bigger guy to sign up and add him as his page. He then becomes very successful with the bowman secretly doing all of his work. This fame gets to his head and he dismisses the bowman. However, in the heat of battle, the man runs off and the bowman takes lead to win the war. This reminded me of Princess Bride because of the small and big men combined with a sense of trickery. 

.     .     .

biblio

Ellen C. Babbitt

.     .     .

image


.     .     .

Comments

Popular Posts