Week 9 Story: Bed Hopping with the Gods

PANDU'S WIFE
KUNTI
BED HOPPING
WITH THE
GODS


This weeks edition of The India Sun is packed with the juicy gossip and hot topics throughout India. Though we know you love our fashion tips and home-maker advice column, we have decided to do away with these treats (for now) to give room for the hottest topic of the day. That's right ladies and gents. We have photo evidence that at least three of Pandu's sons are not his!!! Look for next week's edition when we find out if any of them are...



We all know that recently there has been trouble at home for Pandu and Kunti. Despite his two wives, he has apparent been shooting blanks, putting the lineage at risk. As the King of Hastinapur, it is practically required to have sons to continue the reign. Our team as well as viewers sent in many photos of their fights in and out of the palace. However, what Pandu may or may not have known is Kunti did not worry about getting pregnant. She had devised a rather scandalous plan. Yes, dear readers, what you have heard is true. Kunti, Queen of Hastinapur, has been bed hopping with the gods. 



At first, we were suspicious. The kind and quaint Kunti would not be so promiscuous. But when our team sighted her with Yama, god of truth and death, we could doubt no more. After they had done the deed, she almost immediately became pregnant. We at India Sun thought we had seen it all, but this stopped us in our tracks. The next gag of the week would be the discovery that this was not her last effort to embrace a god. 


The next god to be called upon was Vayu, god of wind. What a whirlwind love affair this was. The brevity of the act was nearly that of the pregnancy, as Kunti was in labor yet again. We had yet to hear back what Pandu thought of this, but we imagine he was in favor of continuing his line. Now, we can all agree that two is enough to maintain a kingdom, but Kunti would disagree. 


Indra, King of Devas, was third, but not the last, to be called upon. You see, readers, after Kunti birthed Indra's son, two more would follow. Despite our team following her closely, we are still on the hunt to find out just who the father is. Make sure to pick up next week's issue where we tackle that question as well as the current state of Pandu and Kunti's relationship. 


...

AUTHORS NOTE

...

I watched the Epified version of the Mahabharata part A and B for this week's reading. I knew I wanted to continue my theme of tabloid responses to movies, but I had a hard time picking which story to tell. I knew as soon as I saw this story depicted, however, that I wanted to cover this scandal. I mean half of me sees this as female-empowerment as Kunti is totally rockin' it and owning her sexuality. The other half of me is disappointed that really she's doing this to support her husband and continue their claim to the throne. Overall, I had a really fun time writing this. 

Bibliography and image information: The story information and images from the videos on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOx857qZneA&list=PLrWYQjLLbXch4II3e8ke0S-6u7JpPSCmJ&index=11


Comments

  1. Hi~
    Great job on your story this week! I love the tabloid theme. It's unique and fun and easy to read. When I watched the Epified series I had the same thoughts of 'wow this seems kind of scandalous of Kunti'. I guess it all worked out for her though, as her sons never really faced public backlash. I also really liked the images you included. I'm definitely a visual learner so the pictures help me solidify what is going on. I feel like I could print out the images and use them as coloring pages too which is always a cool thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesome!! I couldn't stop laughing while reading haha Very creative of you to design it as an inside scoop magazine. You also brought up good points that I did not fully realize when reading the story. Like what did people think when Pandu and Kunti "had children" or that he could not have children. Did people actually want to accept them since they were not his but the gods or did they only accept them because they were the gods. This was such a great story, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lindsay,
    I thought you did an awesome job with your story! I really like visual aspect of it with the black and white pictures that are incorporated through out it. It made the story feel more professional and put together. I also really like the tabloid concept you chose to use. It was fun to read the story through the eyes of someone reading a gossip column. It fit perfectly with the scandalous theme of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lindsay,

    Ok WOW such a great job on your story!! I love the visual you have put in the story! It helps guide the story along, gave easy breaks, and are great visual representation that depicts your story! It was such a good read! I am excited to read your other works especially your project! I remember you did that in a new media way as a rally or protest if I remember right. Overall, stellar job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lindsey,

    This was great! That part of the epic lends itself so well to this tabloid-style reporting, especially since it is a bit “scandalous.” One can only imagine that, if they knew, the actual “tabloids” of the kingdom would have looked just like this. And you got the style right on. (Plus, the phrase “Bed Hopping with the Gods” is great!)

    Best,
    A.M.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts