Topic Research: Rakshasi

Three possible stories... 

1. The Rakshasi's March
  • This would of course be inter-sectional and involve a lot of sign-making and fist pumping. 
  • I would probably do the story as a Rakshasi news reporter doing a piece on the march but she's sort of hesitant about the whole movement.
  • The individual stories would be like talking heads/interviews with the participants and their daughters.
2. The First Wave
  • This would be set in more of a historical context with the beginnings of the feminist movement coming up in spurts.
  • You know like in the midst of occupying forests a small group of rakshasi would visit and slip a piece of paper that says like a meeting place.
  • This would definitely involve a lot more indepth unpacking of what it means to be depicted as a man-eatter. 
  • I might even do this story as a series of letters written between hesitant Rakshasi feminists.
3. The Best Auntie: A Trijata Story
  • I'm still sort of mulling over how I would interpret this story.
  • My two ideas are either to do a internal monologue of Trijata as she follows Sita around and especially as she is helping her combat thoughts of suicide OR having a (modern day) young girl who is considering suicide visit Trijata's temple and the spirit of Trijata helps guide her out of the proverbial woods.
  • Both ideas are good and I could do a lot with them, I'm just sort of married to my bra-burning rakshasi. 

Link:




Comments

Popular Posts