Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues Part A

Train of thought:
  • I love the music and the visualizations of the characters 
  • Oh now we're in San fransico 
  • The style has completely changed
  • Now we're going to india 
  • I love how the narrators argue with each other 
  • Oh I absolutely love this 
  • Ah! We have rakshasas now! 
  • Oh now a different cartoon style
  • We are banished in the forest now and Rama is killing everyone 
  • Ah! There's my mermaid girl! This is the most hilarious movie
  • Ah! There's the golden dear story I read, only I thought he was mad the dear was eating her garden?
  • I love the arguing over the facts and the depiction of the monkey warrior 
  • Rakshasi protect her "your ass is grass" lololol
  • Theres an army of half monkey half men, this is killing me
  • I kind of like how the movie is breaking up the story with the couple who are reunited in India but I'm waiting for there to be a connection?
  • AhhhhHH!!! I love this movie. Rama is suspicious of Sita, Sita tries to commit suicide which is where Thataka protects her 
  • I also love how the movie is broken up by the busty Sita singing the old-timey songs 
  • Ahahaha "contaminated" okay back with the white people
  • Ended with a pretty song!! 
Final Take:

I loved this movie and how it mixes music and the story and this modern story all together. It never left me bored and I loved how the narrators are arguing constantly which is just representative of the different versions and interpretations. I especially love how the story is brought to life through a mish mash of imagery. 



BIBLIOGRAPHY: Sita Sings the Blues - Question Copyright - 2008

Comments

Popular Posts