Time Strategies

My thoughts on time management strategies are as follows: I procrastinate... and sometimes it works... and sometimes it DOES NOT. The issue with me is I have honed the craft of writing a 10 page paper in like two days from citations to the final draft. This is absolutely terrible because it is now incredibly difficult for me to rationalize starting papers early. This spreads into my social life and email life as well. I try to get into the "do it now" mindset, but it doesn't always catch.
I read Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination and The Psychology of Checklists . These articles were useful, but I did not necessarily hear anything new or ground-breaking. I have utilized checklists before and they actually really help me visualize what needs to get done. Checklists also make me feel better about working ahead when I can cross things off. I also like in the first article the idea of what easy thing can I do right now. I sometimes get overwhelmed with what there is to do, so I put it off. Even if there are super small, easy tasks, I will avoid all of it like the plague.  Based on last semester I already know my essays are going to trip me up. I will try to make more lists this semester and have a better mentality about getting stuff done. 

Comments

Popular Posts